[FFmpeg-user] Detect Frozen video
José María Infanzón
2018-11-28 11:38:46 UTC
Hi All, I'm streaming a live channel and I want to use ffmpeg to monitor
the stream, what I need to check is when the image is frozen. Is there a
way yo achieve this? I've read that I can use blend function, but not sure
how.

Thanks!
Michael Shaffer
2018-11-28 12:09:51 UTC
I don't know if there is a way to use ffmpeg to do it. I use a little
program I made to monitor the bandwidth and if it drops off it restarts the
stream. I'm using Ubuntu Linux and Python with the sysdig command to get
the bandwidth of each individual ffmpeg process. I have 5 ffmpeg's going at
once so this way I can restart only the one that crashes. With Windows you
can only get the bandwidth of the entire network card.
Mustafa Al Ani
2018-11-28 12:19:20 UTC
Hi Michael,

I'm interested in your way of monitoring the bandwidth, can you share more
info please?

Regards,
Mustafa
Post by José María Infanzón
Hi All, I'm streaming a live channel and I want to use ffmpeg to monitor
the stream, what I need to check is when the image is frozen. Is there a
way yo achieve this? I've read that I can use blend function, but not
sure
Post by José María Infanzón
how.
Thanks!
ff
Michael Shaffer
2018-11-30 18:31:10 UTC
Hi Mustafa, here's a link to a zip file containing the restart program I
made.

https://github.com/mcshaf01/ffmpeg-stream-restart-tool/blob/master/ffmpeg-restart-tool-v030.zip

Setup instructions:
Make a directory called c:\ffmpeg\bin\
rename and copy ffmpeg.exe to several different ffmpeg's in the
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ folder
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg1.exe
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ ffmpeg2.exe
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ ffmpeg3.exe
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ ffmpeg4.exe
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ ffmpeg5.exe
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ ffmpeg6.exe

In the c:\ffmpeg\bin directory, put a batch file called
c:\ffmpeg\bin\stream1.bat
c:\ffmpeg\bin\stream2.bat
c:\ffmpeg\bin\stream3.bat
c:\ffmpeg\bin\stream4.bat
c:\ffmpeg\bin\stream5.bat
c:\ffmpeg\bin\stream6.bat

Put the ffmpeg command for each stream in each batch file
For instance my stream1.bat looks like this

c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg1.exe -re -rtsp_transport tcp -i "rtsp://
admin:***@201.58.112.10:554/VideoInput/1/h264/1" -f lavfi -f dshow
-rtbufsize 2000M -thread_queue_size 5096 -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer"
-c:a libmp3lame -ab 128k -ar 44100 -c:v copy -threads 0 -bufsize 512k -f
flv "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/bfbp-3e10-sdh2-3hgj"

If you only have one stream you can just create the ffmpeg1.exe and
stream1.bat. It will give an error though if you try to start one of the
other streams and you didn't make the ffmpeg and batch file for it.

Here's a picture with some instructions.
Post by Michael Shaffer
Post by José María Infanzón
way yo achieve this? I've read that I can use blend function, but not
sure
Post by José María Infanzón
how.
Thanks!
Martin Vignali
2018-11-28 12:31:03 UTC
Post by José María Infanzón
Hi All, I'm streaming a live channel and I want to use ffmpeg to monitor
the stream, what I need to check is when the image is frozen. Is there a
way yo achieve this? I've read that I can use blend function, but not sure
how.
A freeze detect filter have been recently add :
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#freezedetect

Martin
ff
José María Infanzón
2018-11-30 17:51:43 UTC
Hi Martin,

El mié., 28 nov. 2018 a las 9:37, Martin Vignali
Post by Martin Vignali
Post by José María Infanzón
Hi All, I'm streaming a live channel and I want to use ffmpeg to monitor
the stream, what I need to check is when the image is frozen. Is there a
way yo achieve this? I've read that I can use blend function, but not sure
how.
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#freezedetect
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Invalid argument
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
ffmpeg version 4.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
Post by Martin Vignali
Martin
Carl Eugen Hoyos
2018-11-30 22:29:47 UTC
Post by Martin Vignali
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#freezedetect
In which version? I've compiled ffmpeg 4.1
On this mailing list, only current FFmpeg git head is
supported (your question is an explanation why).

Carl Eugen
Dmitry Menshikov
2018-12-01 06:23:36 UTC
Hi to everyone.

I may suggest to use our opensource lib written in node.js that monitors
end-system. This module tracks frames and can detect absence of frames,
encoded bandwith and quality, network bandwith and quality.

https://github.com/LCMApps/video-quality-tools